5.20.2010

Torn and Tattered

Counting down from today I have exactly 6 more days of work. As the days dwindle down I am beginning to experience so many emotions! I’m so excited to finally be moving on to this new chapter in my life, but at the same time I’m going to miss the same old story line I follow every day! I’m not quite ready for new characters in my life- I’m still getting used to the ones I have in my life now! I’m not ready to leave my clients- leave them feeling stranded like they felt a mere 5 months ago when their previous counselor moved on to a new job. I suppose all of these feelings and emotions surfaced today when my manager started interviewing for my position! I’m jealous! I don’t want some else experiencing all of the greatness, pleasure, and happiness that seems to radiate from my clients! (Most of them anyway) I’m not ready to give that up, or share it with anyone else! I’m hoping this feeling will go away or at least lessens after I actually tell my clients I’m leaving next week. I was advised not to tell them until my last week here-so much for termination! But a week will have to do!

Not only am I feeling torn about leaving my job, but last night my nephew Caleb was over and I was getting ready to go see a friend. Caleb looked up at me with the saddest face I have ever seen and his little shoulders dropped as he said “ Aunt D, Where are you going?” it was heartbreaking!

Not to mention, my sister is having a baby in June, and I’m going to miss my best friend’s wedding, and her dad’s MJ impression :-)

So here I am torn..torn and tattered..

BUT

I’m 100% sure I’m making the right decision choosing Africa, choosing the Peace Corps over all of the above statements! This is the decision I need to make, This is where I need to be in my life at this time! I know that leaving my job, my friends, and my family will be hard, but I’m sure nothing will ever compare to the experience I will have over the next 27 months in Mali! This time last years the Peace Corps was a far off dream, now being 41 days away from actually leaving its becoming more and more real- And I couldn’t be more excited!

**Note to all who wish to leave a comment on this page: you must click on the word comment and if you have an account with the any of the options in the drop down menu click it, if you do not then you should click anonymous and you can just sign your name at the end of the comment. Sorry for the confusion.**

3 comments:

  1. Awww D it will be ok. All you can do is PRAY about it.

    Pray For:
    1. Your clients, that they can accept the change & to understand the situation.
    2. Yourself; that you stay strong & to be safe in every moment of every day, no matter how good or how bad the situation is.
    3. That your passion for the Peach Corps stays "on Fire".
    4. Know that you can always rely on your Family & Friends, email anytime you can. We will always be there for you.
    5. You can always call COLLECT (if you have phone access)!!! Your dad won't mind, I'm sure! :) hehehe

    Please know that we are all praying for you...I started the day you got the call! I'm not very good with words so I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

    (Philippians 4:13) I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

    Love,
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniella- one more step in your journey of life! You are a strong, compassionate young woman ready to make her mark in the world. No need to worry about the little ones here cause Nana will take over your spot in spoiling them!!
    You are fortunate to have so many friends and family praying for you! I am so very proud of you!
    Love you,
    Mamasita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl... just catching up on your blog. Don't worry about being "torn and tattered." That's why you have such awesome family and friends to hold the pieces together. I'm sure that you will feel as much (if not more) greatness, pleasure, and happiness in Africa.

    And trust me... I'm sure my dad's Michael Jackson performance will be posted on youtube :)

    ReplyDelete